Monday, August 27, 2012

Sophie wants to be the change!


Today's guest blog is by Sophie White. Sophie, who attends Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, went to the 2012 ELCA Youth Gathering this summer in New Orleans.

Imagine seeing over 33,000 people in one place all working for the same goal. I could walk up to any person I saw, no matter who they were, and ask their name and where they're from. I got a chance to really know and meet different people from around the country.

My life is changed because of this experience. I got to see that I wasn't alone. There were a ton of different people who want to make a difference too. Thousands of people from different corners of the country came together to be "Citizens with the Saints" (our week's theme). I want to carry out the quote, "Be the change you want to see in the world."

Chautauqua Area Lutheran Youth gratefully acknowledges the support of the Karl Peterson Funds & Lynn Foundation Fund of the Chautauqua Region Community Foundation in making this project a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment